Monday, November 1, 2010

Sand Volleyball Tourney

Hey everyone! It's Brent here writing a quick post about our fun island activities. My first day at work was last Friday at the annual "beach day." This is an 8 team competition of all PwC employees in the Cayman Islands and is a mix of sporting events, races, wacky tasks, and even some drinking games. The competition lasts only about an hour and a half and the remainder of the time is spent socializing and playing sand volleyball. I haven't played sand volleyball in years (if ever), but I had a great time. So, when I heard there was a sand volleyball tournament the next day, I decided to get involved.

Katie came along to soak up some sun and snap some photos, like the ones seen below. That's me in the (very) colorful shorts.

Nice form, right?

Sacrificing my body

The backward bump

I'm pretty sure I hit this one out of bounds - can't win 'em all.

After Katie set the camera down, she was invited to rotate in the game. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of her, but she played along and did a GREAT job. She was a really great server. She always got the ball in play when she served and she had a great time. Very impressive for someone with very little volleyball experience. I could not be more proud of her. Also, she unanimously won the most encouraging player award, what would you expect?


It was a day filled with sun that was followed by an afternoon nap. Saturday evening, Katie and I went to Jenn and Nate's apartment to check out their amazing new place. We had pizza and watched some TV shows. Every time we hang out with them we realize how similar we are and spend most of the time laughing. It's a lot of fun.


We are having a great time on this island and we both agree this is going to be a good adventure. You can look forward to the next post because we should finally know where we are going to live by then.

Thanks for reading. Love you all.

8 comments:

  1. I'm very impressed with both of your volleyball skills! And I'm very VERY jealous if that beach living... It is getting very COLD in Ohio :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, I am proud of you for playing volleyball. NOTHING would have terrified me more! We miss you guys and Baby says, "Hi Kiki! I love you!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. krufar_2@hotamail.comNovember 3, 2010 at 3:27 PM

    Katie, I am both amazed and proud of you! I'm so glad you joined in to play! Great photos, Katie. Wish there were some of you! Brent, great form! Can't wait to hear about your new place! Keep us posted/blogged. We love you!! Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember the time that we were all playing sand volleyball at Cedarville and Cornel tried to shield herself from a ball which ultimately ended up slamming you in the crotch?! ....yea, It was pretty funny. Glad you had a better Sand volleyball experience this time :)

    Way to go Katie on your awesome serving abililties!!

    Love you guys <3
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like so much fun! I'll be praying that God makes a path clear for you in your apartment search.

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT pictures, Katie! Great form Brent and it's great to see you joining in - good air, too. What a beautiful beach!! Do you REALLY live there???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie - it's great to hear you joined in! Hopefully, there will be pictures next time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing!!! love it, I guess I am going to miss this summer splash, which one is more better Grand Cayman island, little island or other Caribbean island? I am fan of Caribbean food, and love to play volley ball on beach and want to have the sweet sun rays on my body while reading a romantic novel, fantastic, I am looking forward to a cayman online guide, which can tell me about the forthcoming events on seven mile beach and few games for tourists.

    ReplyDelete