Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 1.0

Wes, a new friend from church, invited us to his apartment for Thanksgiving dinner. Even though Jenn has a traditional feast planned for Sunday, I was very grateful to have something festive to do on the actual holiday. It just didn't feel right working all day, not even getting to watch the parade (our cable wasn't working in the new apartment, otherwise I would have had it on). We had such a great time at Wes' place. We didn't know a lot of people, but many were from church and everyone was so friendly. And the food...oh my goodness the food was amazing! It was like everyone made their best dish and we had an all-star dinner.

Chatting before dinner


One of two turkeys!


Jeremy carving one of the turkeys


This sweet potato casserole with some kind of stresual on it (far left) was the best thing ever.


Here's an interesting photography lesson. The first shot was taken with my 50mm lens, and the second is taken from the same spot with Jeremy's 18-200mm lens. My next lens really needs to be a wide angle one!


Watching football - it doesn't get more traditional than this


We are so thankful to those in Grand Cayman who have taken us in and made us feel at home. Nothing can replace family, but God has blessed us beyond belief with friends here. Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

6 comments:

  1. So you know Talia, Michelle, and Sheena? How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so so glad you are making great friends..what a blessing

    ReplyDelete
  3. your website is so cool Katie me and my mom and emma love your website we miss you and love you LUIU

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a really great thanksgiving. Such good food. I'm so hungry right now, I wish I was eating that sweet patatoe casserole right now. Can you get the recipe for the junk?

    ReplyDelete
  5. woah photography lesson... I think Brian wants the next lens to be a wide-angle too! glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you guys got to enjoy some turkey. :) We missed you, though!

    ReplyDelete