Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tis the Season

Confession: We have been listening to Christmas music since November 1st. Yes, moving to a Caribbean island could not rob us of our Christmas over-enthusiasm. We moved into our apartment on Wednesday, and put up a Christmas tree on Thursday. We got a 6 foot from Cost U Less, but the top branch was a foot long itself (we ended up folding it in half), so it seems a bit shorter. We didn't have any ornaments, so we got gold garland for $4 and four boxes of candy canes. Brent also bought two ornaments from the grocery's $1 section - classy touch. It's a bit of a Charlie Brown tree, but I'm so happy we got it. I love to have it lit up at night; I wish I could keep it up all year.

A comparison: Last year's tree next to this year's tree


Brent watching the movie "Valentine's Day" on Thanksgiving Day after putting up our Christmas tree. A holiday mash-up.


I haven't taken any official pictures of our new place yet (since my SLR lens is so zoomed in I will probably need to use the point and shoot to capture our little living areas), but I did snap this shot of the hutch Brent built to go with my desk. It's a perfect fit!


Shot of kitchen window (taken from living room):


Friday morning Brent was feeling the Christmas spirit, and did a little jam session as we cranked up the C-Mas music. (He might ask me to take this down, so chances are only the first few viewers will get to see this.) I think he was also very excited for our first guests, who were flying in at noon.


I don't have any pictures from our first day with Jess, Ben, and Lucy, but here's the aftermath of one night with an eight month old baby:


Jess and Ben went the bed around 9:30 (they had gotten up at 3:00 am), and Brent zonked out at 10:00. I let him sleep for a couple hours before carrying him to bed (just kidding, I made him walk). He needed the sleep for the adventure we had Saturday...more to come in the next post!


Happy December everyone! We've been waiting for you all to join us in the Christmas season!

6 comments:

  1. What a great post! Brent "made" that hutch? From scratch?!? I'm so glad you guys have already had company. I really do hope we get to make it down for a trip. I love you two and can't wait to see you at Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so many things I love about this post! I love your cute little low key Christmas tree, I love the holiday mash up, and I loved Brent's dance party...just to name a few ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update and Christmas spirit. Also for the shots of your new home and your husband. We miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. I put my tree up last night.
    2. I'm glad you got a tree. Yes, you're tree last year was beautiful. This year's is...well...I guess I'll just stick with llast year's was beautiful!
    3. I also like the holiday mashup. Too bad you weren't also eating Halloween candy!
    4. Where's Brent's shirt?
    5. Glad to hear you are making great friends...and it's only been a little over a month.
    6. I love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know what we'd do without your blog. Makes me feel like we are on the adventure with you! Thank you for taking the time to update it regularly. I like to see what "we" are doing in C.I.!! Love you sooooo much! Mom K.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, I love your cute, little charlie brown tree! But I must admit that it doesn't hold up next to your gleaming tree from last Christmas. That front window in your house is so pretty - it makes the perfect backdrop for all those twinkling lights

    ReplyDelete