Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving 2.0

Our second Thanksgiving dinner was a success! This one was at Jenn and Nate's apartment, and she wrote a great post about the planning process and dinner. I had a lot of fun helping with the food assignments, napkins rings, and food tags. The only thing better than hosting a party is being a hostess's assistant! I got to scratch my "entertaining itch" with about 90% less work!

Thanksgiving napkin rings:


The 21 pound turkey that Nate handled like a pro:


Food tags:


Oh fabulous Thanksgiving food. Jenn made the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy. Everything else, including green bean casserole, cauliflower gratin, more stuffing, sweet potato casserole, roasted vegetables, more mashed potatoes, baked corn, cranberry sauce, bread, and desserts were brought by guests. As I mentioned before, there were mostly non-Americans in attendance, and they all did a great job recreating the traditional feast! We had quite the spread:


I didn't take a close up of my Pioneer Woman stuffing, but I think it was a success! You can see it on the right side of the above picture next to the turkey.

The Wehner family at their first their Caribbean Thanksgiving:


Restaurant-quality apple crisp! Delicious!


So much fun! When I realized Thanksgiving would take place during our 6th week on the island, I assumed we would just miss out. I had no idea we would be lucky enough to share two feasts with new friends. God is good - we have so much to be thankful for!

3 comments:

  1. Yummmm.. this makes me eager to "feast" again tonight at our first Christmas party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I forgot to say that I love all your adorable napkin rings and food tags.

    ReplyDelete