Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Myrtle Beach

Last week we went to Myrtle Beach with Brent's family. Eight adults and five children under the age of three. It was an amazing time, but we were all pretty beat by the end of the day! I absolutely love spending time with Brent's family. It's such a blessing to have in-laws that I actually really enjoy. From the first time I met them I felt immediately at ease and welcomed. I remember thinking that they remind me so much of my own family, which is a very good thing. I'm so glad to officially be a Kruithof now (don't judge me that I've been married almost 4 years and my credit card still says Katie Behlert).

I have the most adorable nieces and nephews. I hope my own kids are an exact mix of the Swartzentruber/Turner/Varner kids (except no 10lb 14ounce babies please - as if I'm not already petrified of labor). Spending the week with these five kids was even more special knowing we'll be moving to another country in a few short weeks. I love them to pieces, and I'm so glad we'll be home at Christmas to see them again.

(Click images to see them larger)

Our two newest additions: Kru, 11 months, and Hailey, 8 months


Bonding with the littlest:


Broadway at the Beach:


Kru and Pretzels:


We went out to the beach a couple nights after dinner. This was my favorite time. It was the perfect temperature and we practically had the beach to ourselves. Isn't this the most beautiful picture of Papa and his youngest grandbaby?


Ah, to be two and a half again :)


Can't beat a beach sunset!


Four years later and I can't stop taking pictures of this thing. It just doesn't get old :)


Home again, home again. Our good friends Mary and Brad watched Walter while we were gone (thank you thank you thank you!). I'm sure he had fun with Garfunkle, but I think he was glad to be back in an only-dog home. I'm dreading saying goodbye to this guy in a week and a half!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome blog! I'm excited to follow you guys here! Did you get a new camera? It looks like you got some great shots at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. grrreat pics Kate!! I love the colors and the way you edited the pics.. very impressive my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is such a great post!! It was a wonderful week and I'm so thankful we got another precious week with you and Brent before you head off on your next adventure.

    And, for the record, 10 lb 14 oz babies are pretty great!

    ReplyDelete