Hey everyone, it's Brent. Thanks for all of your nice comments on our first blog post. This is my first ever blog post ever. I consider myself a very bad writer, so hopefully you will be reading my posts for the content rather than the form. Actually, I've decided to make my first ever blog post ever a list of ten things I want all of my readers to know. Here it goes.
1) I came up with the name of the blog "The Grand Life." Give credit where credit is due.
2) As a Cincinnatian for only 4 years, I have quickly grown a love for the Reds and Bengals and I will continue to be a die-hard follower of both teams even from Grand Cayman. If you are not a fan of both of these teams, you should be.
3) I want to get a Jeep Wrangler in Grand Cayman and drive around with the top down, Bob Marley on the radio, Katie's hair flying in the wind, and Walter's slobber flying out the back of the jeep as we drive along the beach. If you want to picture this, make sure you picture the steering wheel on the right side of the car because the drive on the left side of the road in Grand Cayman.
4) I will eat a lot of seafood in Grand Cayman.
5) We are leaving Walter with my parents for 2 and half months before he is allowed to join us on the Island (thanks mom and dad for watching him). We feel guilty about leaving him behind so we've been letting him sleep in bed with us lately. It's miserable.
6) I'm very worried that our life won't be interesting enough to keep people coming back to our blog. I'll have to post lots of pictures of Katie on the beach. She looks good in a bikini.
7) If you are reading this and you've never seen Travie McCoy's music video for "Billionaire" you should watch it. It makes me want to get a Vespa so bad.
8) We are very excited to see what God is going to do in our lives in the Caymans - to see how we can minister to others, get involved in a church, and grow.
9) I wanted to start this blog but Katie designed the header, wrote all of the pages, and did everything else involved in creating a blog. She is amazing.
10) Katie pressured me to get a job abroad, then when I did, she didn't want to go anymore. Typical.
11) I'm more in love with Katie now than I ever have been before and I can't wait to go on this adventure with her.
12) I love everyone in Katie's family and my family so stinking much. We have the worlds greatest families. We are so blessed by God.
Okay, you got two bonus items on the list of ten. Once I started, I couldn't stop.
Thanks for reading. I love you all.