Thursday, October 20, 2011

Brent's Birthday - Lobster Pot

Brent's birthday fell on a Saturday this year, so we got to do a two-part birthday celebration last weekend. On Friday night we got together with seven of our friends for a pizza and Community Season 2 marathon. Jeremy and Sheena were nice enough to host since our apartment couldn't accommodate that many people. We had such a fun time. I think we got through eight episodes!

On Saturday, Brent and I were planning a relaxing day at the beach, but it looked pretty cloudy. So we decided to walk to the Westin and browse their shops and lobby. While we were there, it started downpouring, so we just claimed a couch and watched the rain. When it slowed enough to head home, we stopped at Cost U Less and bought a pumpkin. We were going to carve it that afternoon, but ended up taking a long nap instead. It was a very low key birthday!

That evening we went on a date to Lobster Pot. It was our first time there and I thought the atmosphere was very charming. It's a small restaurant with lots of windows that overlook the water. It was dark when we got there, but still had a nice cozy vibe.

The menu


Brent wanted to order escargot for an appetizer, and I couldn't refuse the birthday boy :) It was baked in herb-garlic butter and actually really tasty.


My favorite part of the menu was the "Famous Fufu Drinks." I got the Fresh Banana Kahlua Colada. It had Kahlua, Appleton Gold, banana rum, fresh banana, coconut ice cream, and pineapple juice. Brent and I both agreed it was our favorite thing we ordered!


For dinner I got the Lobster Bisque and an appetizer platter that had conch fritter, lobster-crab cake, and crispy fried shrimp in beer batter. Brent got the Surf and Turf platter with steak and lobster.


The steak wasn't great, but the drink and escargot ranked high in our book. And we had such a good time together, I would definitely like to go back.

Happy, happy birthday to my amazing husband! I love you so much!

2 comments:

  1. Great photos. Where are you going for your birthday, Katie? I hope you get treated royally for your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummed that we had to leave the Community S2 marathon early... I still have to catch up!

    The FuFu sounds delish! Will have to go there and try it out sometime =)

    ReplyDelete